The F3 – Future of Fish Feed and Built With Biology, a SynBioBeta Company, will convene a panel of experts to discuss how synthetic biology is playing an increasingly critical role in the future of seafood. The webinar, titled Feed Big Appetites: How Biology is Helping Solve Aquaculture’s Biggest Problem, will take place on February 24 at 8:00 am PST (4:00 pm GMT).
Using synbio and conventional tools, opportunities are emerging in algae, single-cell proteins and land crops that are yielding new ingredients for aquaculture feed crucial to maintaining the availability of protein for a growing world’s population while also protecting fragile ocean ecosystems from overfishing. A Q&A session with representatives from Ginkgo Bioworks, KnipBio, NovoNutrients, Nuseed and Veramaris will follow panelist presentations.
This event is the first in the 2022 webinar series hosted by the F3 Team. The webinars are free and open to everyone. For more information and to register, visit f3meeting.com/webinars.
Christopher Oakes, Head of Strategic Partnerships in Agriculture, Deep Science Ventures
- Sudeep Agarwala, Associate Communications Director and Biological Engineer, Ginkgo Bioworks
- Katrina Benedicto, Sustainability & Communications Director – Nuseed Nutritional, Nuseed
- Larry Feinberg, CEO, KnipBio
- Karim Kurmaly, CEO, Veramaris
- Suresh M. Menon, Founder and CEO, Menon Renewable Products, Inc.
- Kedar Patel, Senior VP of Engineering, NovoNutrients