INFOFISH World Shrimp Conference and Exposition to be held virtually
Themed Recovery through resilience and innovation, the conference will discuss, among others, technology and innovation, feed and nutrition and advancing biosecurity and disease prevention.
INFOFISH will host SHRIMP 2022, the 6th INFOFISH World Shrimp Conference and Exposition, from June 8-10, 2022 as a virtual event. Themed Recovery through resilience and innovation, the conference will discuss, among others, global shrimp production and trade, issues and challenges faced by the industry during COVID-19, market access and certification, diversification of markets and seafood products, technology and innovation, feed and nutrition, advancing biosecurity and disease prevention, sustainability, and recovery pathway through partnership and investment. The chairman of the conference will be Jose Antonio Camposano, executive president, National Chamber of Aquaculture, Ecuador.
This premier global shrimp industry conference and exhibition is expected to gather over 250 top industry leaders including representatives from leading multinational companies, shrimp buyers and sellers, equipment manufacturers and suppliers, policy-makers and planners, experts, media professionals, etc. around the globe to discuss, debate and network with all the sectors that make shrimp production and trade the billion-dollar industry it is today.
SHRIMP 2022 keynote, Resilience, Innovation and Resurgence in the Global Shrimp Industry: What’s next? will be delivered by Patrick Sorgeloos, Emeritus Professor of Aquaculture, University of Ghent, Belgium.
Some of the talking points will include:
- A global overview of the farmed and wild-caught shrimp sectors.
- Current production and expansion plans in the major producing countries and regions.
- A global overview of the major shrimp markets and trade flows.
- Aquaculture innovations and technologies for sustainable intensification.
- Digitalization of aquaculture for better productivity, superior monitoring, and greater transparency.
- Advancing feed and nutrition, biosecurity and disease management.
- Meeting COVID-19 challenges in the shrimp post-harvest sector including processing and packaging.
- Sustainability in action.
- Growth recovery through partnership and investment.
SHRIMP 2022 is jointly organized by INFOFISH, the Department of Fisheries, Thailand, Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia Pacific (NACA), and China Aquatic Products Processing and Marketing Alliance (CAPPMA) with I&V BIO Co., Ltd. as the gold sponsor of this event.
Although SHRIMP 2022 will be virtual, interactive sessions, one-to-one networking opportunities and additional benefits will be able, as well as showcase leading shrimp brands.
More information at shrimp.infofish.org and at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.