The deadline for applications for the AquaFarm R&D award was extended to April 20, 2002, along with the postponement of the trade show. The contest is addressed to researchers and startups from all over the world to reward projects, products and services that aim to improve the productivity of aquaculture.
The participants of the AquaFarm contest will be able to exhibit a poster of the project during the show. The first three classifieds will have the opportunity to present their research or innovation in front of the audience of the event and will receive a cash prize to support their business. The jury is composed of experts in technology and economics as well as representatives of producer's associations:
- Fabio Massa, Senior Advisor Aquaculture
- Pierantonio Salvador, President of API (Italian fish farmers association)
- Giuseppe Prioli, President of AMA (Mediterranean Aquaculture Association)
- Paolo Anselmo, President of IBAN (Italian Business Angels Association)
- A representative of Pordenone Fiere
More details and contest rules here.