Blue Food Innovation Summit to catalyze innovation and investment in aquaculture
A new summit will take place in London on June 14-15 to explore the opportunities and challenges in scaling aquaculture production while protecting and restoring the ocean ecosystem.
A new summit Blue Food Innovation Summit, from the hosts of World Agri-Tech, Future Food-Tech, Animal AgTech and Indoor AgTech, will take place in London on June 14-15, to explore the opportunities and challenges in scaling aquaculture production while protecting and restoring the ocean ecosystem.
Global off-shore, on-shore and land-based aquaculture producers will mix with technology leaders, startups, investors and retailers looking to build new partnerships to accelerate the development of technologies that can reduce the environmental footprint of aquatic foods, while increasing health, welfare and yield.
“With the ever-growing population and increasing demand for protein, the sustainable production of blue foods – fish, bivalves and seaweed – is more important than ever,” said Jennie Moss, founder and managing director of summit organizer, Rethink Events. “The Blue Food Innovation Summit is an opportunity to hear from a cross-section of industry leaders and discover technologies that will be pivotal in scaling up production and reducing pressure on our oceans.”
Key themes for the summit include:
- Sustainable Aquafeed: Scaling Alternative and Novel Feed Ingredients
- Seaweed & Algae Commercialization: Food, Feed & Biorefining
- Farm Optimization: Accelerating Adoption of Sensors, Imaging & Digital Platforms
- RAS: Overcoming Challenges to Scale and Diversification Across Species
- Fish Health & Welfare: Tackling Disease through Vaccines, Feed Additives & Fortification
- Restorative Aquaculture: Replenishing our Oceans through Nature-Based Solutions
- From Egg to Plate: Building Transparency & Traceability across the Supply Chain
- The Blue Carbon Economy: The Viability of Carbon Capture as a Revenue Stream
- Offshore Aquaculture: The Role of Automation & Robotics in Deepwater Farming
- Circular Systems: Closing the Loop through Waste Utilization & Resource Optimization
- Investment Models: Attracting ESG, VC & Growth Capital into Blue Food Production
- The Edge of Innovation: A Deep Dive into Production Technologies a Decade from Now
The program will feature speakers from Leroy Seafood, Aquaculture Stewardship Council, SWEN Capital Blue Ocean, Katapult Ocean, S2G Ventures, Hatch, Aqua-Spark, Nutreco NuFrontiers, Safe Seaweed Coalition, ADM Animal Nutrition, Builders Initiative and The Kingfish Company.
“Improving fisheries and aquaculture management is indeed crucial to ensure future generations continue to benefit from ocean resources and ecosystem services. We need events like this where we open up, talk to the ecosystem and collaborate,” said Laetitia Gerbe, investment director, Seventure Partners.
Taking place in London and live-streamed to a global audience, the summit will connect major producers, technology providers, startups and investors who are developing, financing and adopting innovative solutions.
By exploring advances in aquaculture, showcasing innovative applications of new and existing technologies, and facilitating connections and collaborations, the summit will offer an invaluable opportunity to accelerate projects and partnerships across the blue food ecosystem.
The full program, speaking faculty and delegate registration are available at www.bluefoodinnovation.com.