Proviron is the sole producer of freeze dried Chaetoceros focused on shrimp and shellfish hatcheries. The company have been running in continuous production since the start and output results are very satisfactory. This means that they have surpassed the starting up phase and are able to provide consistent high quality product all year round. ChaetoPrime is produced in closed vertical panel photo-bioreactor system. It is further processed by filtration and freeze drying.
- Constant high nutritional quality.
- Easily re-dispersed single cells, nicely separated.
- Well suspended cells remaining in the water column for an extended period after rehydration.
- Pathogen free microalgae.
- Off the shelf available, easy to use product.
- A long shelf life.
ChaetoPrime is an algae to feed the early larval stages of shrimp (zoea and mysis) and shellfish species. This diatom has a balanced nutritional profile containing all essential HUFA's such as EPA, DHA and ARA.