The organizing committee of the West Africa Region of the World Aquaculture Society, African Chapter, is inviting industry stakeholders to sponsor its conference 2021 Aquaculture Conference in West Africa (WASACWAR).
The theme of the conference is New Strategies to Promote Inclusion and Transparency in the Development of Aquaculture in the West Africa Region. West African countries have weak institutions which have paved the way for corruption, lack of inclusion and more and businesses cannot prosper under these conditions. “We count on your support to bring together the right stakeholders in building strong institutions so that businesses can flourish without much social, economic and environmental barriers,” the organization said.
The event will be a hybrid online event to be held from May 14-16, 2021, creating a unique channel to reach a global audience worldwide.
Registration and abstract submission
Registration and abstract submission are also open here under the topics below.
- Fish nutrition.
- Biotechnology techniques in African aquaculture.
- Welfare issues in African aquaculture.
- Environmental sustainability and aquaculture.
- Aquaculture development and climate change.
- One health approach in aquatic food systems.
- Implementation of the ecosystem approach in aquaculture management.
- Role of law in aquaculture development.
- Aquaculture management post-COVID-19.
- Aquaculture governance.
- Human rights and aquaculture development in Africa.
- Implementation of the precautionary approach in aquaculture in Africa.
- Women and youth: Critical tools for aquaculture development in Africa.
- Trade and aquaculture development in Africa.
- Reconstructing a sustainable livelihood structure in a global pandemic.
- Perspectives of fisheries/aquaculture education and extension in Africa.
- Public finance management.
- Blue economy.
- Democracy and aquaculture development.