Blue Bio Value Acceleration is a 7-weeks equity-free impact acceleration program dedicated to bringing ocean-based, sustainable solutions to a new, blue bioeconomy. The program aims to scale up marine bio-based projects, fostering biotech innovations for a healthy and productive ocean.
What is the program looking for?
The program is looking for early-stage impact startups from around the world with commercially viable projects that represent a business opportunity along the value chain of marine bioresources. The team behind the project must be mission-driven, with a clear motivation to be in the program and at least one of the co-founders must be working full time in the company.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique growth opportunity: The intense acceleration program is structured in growth sprints focusing on access to funding, overcoming legal barriers, overhaul business models, user research and journey, product development, sales and marketing, amongst others.
- Networking: Startups will gain access to a high-level network, including 1:1 investor sessions, corporate partnerships, support from key specialists and some of the best research and technology centers in Europe.
- Mentorship: Startups will be exposed to experts from different sectors and backgrounds, including CEOs, entrepreneurs, opinion leaders and investors ready to advise founders on their business strategy, and provide individual CEO-focused leadership coaching sessions.
- One-year membership in Bluebio Alliance, the Portuguese network of marine bioresources and blue biotechnology, with access to several benefits.
- Final two weeks in Portugal: Home to one of the largest maritime territories, the final two weeks will be in-person while visiting key local ecosystem players, meeting promoters, networking and attending the Blue Bio Value final pitch event.
- Prize: The program will award the best startups with a total prize corresponding to €45,000, which the winners will be able to spend on the Blue Demo Network.
How to apply
Companies applying must comply with the following criteria:
- Based on a marine bioresource or with a positive impact on marine bioresources.
- Sustainable and responsible sourcing and/ or business model.
The application deadline is May 30, 2022. Apply here.
Selection and interviews will take place between May 30 and July 22 and participants will be announced on July 22. The final pitch day will be on November 3 with ongoing support from November 7 to January 27.