Hatchery/Nursery Supervisors - Ghana
Tropo Farms is looking for supervisors to join its tilapia farm in Ghana.
Tropo Farms Limited is a rapidly growing aquaculture company that produces tilapia for the Ghanaian market. It is already the largest grower of tilapia in Ghana and seeks to become a world-class aquaculture operation.
The company is looking for supervisors for the following areas:
- Water quality and flow control, and wastewater treatment.
- Pond preparation, maintenance and management (modern pond systems).
- Fish transfers.
- Broodstock management and egg production/hatchery incubation.
- Feeding: larvae and all nursery stages.
- Grading and counting.
- Data collection. The candidate must have strong MS Excel skills to adapt to our farm management software AquaManager.
- Ensure the right water quality that guarantees expected fish growth.
- Maintaining an effective cage setting system in the open waters.
- Diploma or degree holder from a tertiary institution in fisheries, natural resources, agriculture or any related course with at least one year of post-qualification work experience in fish farming operations.
- Long-term experience with a decent educational background and MS Excel skills.
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills are essential.
Job location is Gyakiti, Ghana. More information here.