Larval & Artemia Supervisor - Switzerland
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Basis57 is looking for a larval & Artemia supervisor who will assist the hatchery manager and supervise the fish larval production (Sander lucioperca) and the Artemia production. The candidate will ensure that the production target is achieved. He will check that the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are followed and no technical drift occurs.
- Provide day-to-day field supervision with the larval/Artemia rearing processes and ensure completion of all tasks daily.
- Ensure the smooth operation of fish larval and Artemia production areas for the production of high-value freshwater finfish weaned fry.
- Check that all SOPs are followed (zootechnical, maintenance and biosecurity) daily.
- Assist hatchery manager in the management of the production, research and development programs in larval/Artemia rearing.
- Assist in operating the production planning of larval rearing/Artemia.
- Assist in organizing the production of high-quality weaned larvae or fry.
- Along with the hatchery manager, help maintain a highly efficient rearing facility that allows staff to meet Basis57 production requirements in terms of larval/Artemia densities, quantity, quality, and economical targets.
- Assist in monitoring the health following the Biosecurity and Safety policy of Basis57 and undertake regular inspections of the sections to ensure a clean and hygienic environment.
- Organize delivery and transfer of required larval/fry quantity to the nursery areas.
- Verify following the maintenance manager that rearing process maintenance of all rooms is implemented in due time.
- Ensure that all larval/Artemia consumables are in stock and in a reasonable quantity to ensure the production operation smoothly.
- Assist the other departments of the hatchery (broodstock/nursery) as per the instruction of the hatchery manager and based on production requirements.
The usual working hours will be 07:00-11:30 and 13:00-17:30. The position will include on-call, weekends and work during public holidays.
- Highly organized and goal-orientated individual with a diploma in aquaculture.
- Minimum of five years of experience in larval rearing with intensive systems with flow-through and/or RAS technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, and proven supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated leadership with exemplary interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and adept at solving problems and developing solutions in real-time.
- Work effectively with international technicians, consultants, suppliers, and Basis57 staff.
- Demonstrable ability to enter, manipulate and analyze data on a computer and produce technical reports.
- German or at least strong English ability (written, spoken and reading). Willing to learn German as well.
- An attractive and dynamic salary package is proposed, depending on the experience of the candidate.
Send CV and an introduction letter to Flavien Dekoninck, hatchery manager, email@example.com by October 31, 2022.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.