Geneticist Aquaculture - Chile
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Hendrix Genetics is looking for a geneticist that will operate within its R&D department based in Chile, to support breeding programs around the world. The support includes planning, coordination, and execution of routine breeding program tasks, such as data management, data analysis, breeding value estimation and selection, as well as implementing and maintaining breeding program database infrastructure and operating protocols.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute breeding program activities related to data management, data analysis, breeding value estimation and selections.
- Implement and maintain breeding program database infrastructure and operating protocols.
- Run research projects including the development of genetic models, estimation of genetic parameters, and index development.
- Maintain and develop knowledge in quantitative genetics, genomics and statistics.
- Advise the business unit in the optimization of breeding programs and production.
- MSc in animal genetics is preferable or similar and experience in commercial breeding programs.
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience in the field of aqua/animal breeding and/or genetic-related research.
- Strong programming skills in R software.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is essential.
More information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.