Hatchery Manager - Iceland
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Matorka ehf is looking for a hatchery manager to oversee a future Arctic char broodstock facility as well as the current production of fingerlings in Iceland. The candidate's main task will be to ensure the delivery of ample, high-quality fingerlings to the quarantine and grow-out facilities.
- Ensure the timely delivery of fertilized eggs from our supplier.
- Oversee the hatching of eggs and care of juveniles up to first feeding.
- Manage the raising and grading of juvenile fish up to 10 grams.
- Oversee transport of fingerlings to the quarantine facility in Grindavik.
- Maintain all infrastructure to support the fish.
- Identify and report/repair faults in on-site equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all accreditations, local regulations, and health and safety protocols.
- Bachelor or master's degree in the field of aquaculture.
- At least five years of relevant working experience.
- Be a real technical person and a problem solver.
- Be physically fit and not afraid to get your hands wet.
- Have a flexible attitude, working irregular hours to look after the fish in care.
- Have a very good command of the English language and can communicate very well, both verbally and in writing. Icelandic language skill is a bonus.
More information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.