Breeding Director - The Philippines
Thursday, September 2, 2021
GenoMar Genetics is looking for a breeding director to lead its breeding and genetics operations in Asia.
- Manage existing breeding nucleus infrastructure and resources in the Philippines.
- Develop new breeding infrastructure and resources.
- Lead a network of test facilities for genetic evaluations.
- Implement new research outcomes.
- Oversee the multiplication strategy to ensure that the demand of grandparents and parents' stocks are met.
- Recruit, train, motivate and evaluate the breeding team.
- Prepare and report on yearly budgets and KPIs.
- Plan and monitor the breeding program.
- Participate in field operations.
- Assure the delivery of high-quality and error-free data.
- Manage fish health of the nucleus populations and export material.
- Participate in seminars and conferences.
- The company is looking for someone from the private sector with demonstrable experience in the management of similar processes. Alternatively, candidates from academia with a strong desire to transition to the private sector will be considered.
- PhD/MSc degree in animal breeding, animal health or aquaculture. Candidates need to be able to understand quantitative genetics theory and data management.
- High levels of professional integrity and responsibility that should reflect in very high standards of facility management and quality data.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in managing small teams.
- Effective communicator, willing to travel internationally.
- Open-minded, innovative and keeping up-to-date.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Tagalog, Chinese, Bahasa Malay or other Asian languages.
To apply, send a resume and motivation letter by September 30, 2021 to email@example.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.