Hatchery Production Technician - Australia
Friday, July 2, 2021
Tasmanian Seafoods is looking for a hatchery production technician to join its hatchery at Darwin Aquaculture Center and support the production of the sea cucumber juveniles.
- Undertake year-round hatchery production of sea cucumbers and microalgae live feeds, as part of a team.
- Support the aquaculture manager to execute the annual strategic plan.
- Develop mastery of sea cucumber hatchery production to achieve production KPIs.
- Collect and maintain sea cucumber broodstock ensuring biosecurity procedures are followed.
- Support the transition of post-larval sea cucumber to the nursery phase.
- Record production data and produce reports.
- Maintain and improve hatchery infrastructure.
- Maintain a tidy and productive hatchery.
- Contribute to expansion planning, maintenance and R&D as required.
- Assist in operational and administrative duties as directed.
- Relevant experience in an aquaculture hatchery role.
- Qualification in aquaculture or a related discipline is desired but not essential.
- High-level observational skills to support hatchery production including the use of microscopes.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently.
- Practical experience in improving commercial hatchery production.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and work within a team to achieve its goals while maintaining a consistently high work standard.
- Practical experience in hatchery infrastructure maintenance development.
- Self-motivated with confidence in own technical abilities and willingness and ability to learn new techniques and find solutions to problems.
- Genuine passion for larval rearing and willingness to work weekends and irregular hours.
- Successful applicants will have a strong work ethic.
More information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.