Applied Genetics Consultant - Norway
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Benchmark Genetics is looking for a young and motivated candidate to develop and supervise optimized and cost-effective broodstock management and selective breeding programs to further strengthen the company’s position.
- Assist the technical team with various tasks related to developing and implementing applied broodstock management and selective breeding programs, including:
- Active participation in creative and collaborative team processes.
- Contribution in simulation studies.
- Active communication with external clients during the planning and program implementation phases.
- Technical visits to client’s operations.
- University degree in a field of relevance for applied genetics work (e.g., animal breeding, genomics, statistics, computational science, bioinformatics).
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Genuine interest in sustainable aquaculture productions.
- Communication skills and proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Analytical skills.
- Effective time management abilities.
- Comfortable working with clients in a variety of international locations.
- Flexible and able to travel nationally and internationally as required.
For more information and to apply, visit bmkgenetics.com/careers/. Deadline is June 30, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.