Freshwater Prawn Hatchery Expert - Bangladesh
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
FAO is looking for a consultant to identify operational challenges and provide recommendations for improving the efficiency of the existing government and private freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) hatcheries in Khulna, Bagerhat and Satkhira districts, Bangladesh.
The consultant will submit a comprehensive technical report outlining the gaps and challenges, areas for improvement and a hatchery upgrading or improvement plan, outlining actions that will guide the hatchery owners when undertaking such improvements.
- Develop and submit methodological approach on how the assignment will be undertaken. The methodological approach will include workplan and highlight of assignment milestones.
- Lead the assessment and review the current status, operational problems of the existing government and private hatcheries in, Khulna, Bagerhat and Satkhira districts.
- Identify problems for the hatcheries' inefficiencies and low production of juveniles to meet the culture demand and make recommendations on how the identified problems or challenges may be addressed.
- Develop a hatchery upgrading or improvement plan that will guide the hatchery owners on steps and actions to be undertaken when implementing the required recommendations.
- Review and make recommendations for revising the existing freshwater prawn hatchery operational manual.
- Present assessment findings to the national stakeholders, including private hatcheries on hatchery inefficiency and recommendations to improve productivity.
- Submit end of assignment report highlighting task undertaken and progress achieved as mentioned above.
- Advanced university degree (preferably Ph.D.) in fisheries related to freshwater prawn juvenile production and management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for COF.
- 10 years of practical and technical experience of producing freshwater prawn post larvae in captivity.
For more information and to apply, visit jobs.fao.org. Deadline is June 17, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.