Laboratory Scientist Aquaculture Genetics - UK
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Xelect Ltd is seeking a laboratory scientist to be responsible for performing laboratory procedures in accordance with routine protocols and standard operating procedures. Applicants will be expected to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment and adhere to deadlines while maintaining strict quality standards.
- Hold a BSc in relevant biological science, a PhD in molecular biology or genetics and at least two years of practical experience in an academic or commercial lab setting.
- Strong expertise and knowledge in a range of molecular techniques e.g. DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, SNP genotyping, NGS library construction and sequencing.
- Work under pressure to tight deadlines with large volumes of samples and large datasets is of critical importance.
- Adhere to documented laboratory and data management workflows.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Practical knowledge and expertise with core IT packages such as Microsoft Office.
- Practical experience with customized DNA library construction for Illumina platforms.
- Experience in aquaculture or population genetics.
- Experience in R and Linux environments.
- Experience in bioinformatics.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter, along with the contact details of three referees. References will only be contacted after a successful interview. Apply by April 10, 2021. For more information and application, visit xelect-genetics.com/vacancy-laboratory-scientist/.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.