Senior Fish Health Manager - Brunei
Monday, March 8, 2021
UVAXX, part of Barramundi Group, is looking for a senior fish health manager to play a leading role to spearhead the development of the company's business in Brunei, set up a diagnostic lab and provide services to the local and regional market. UVAXX is a Singapore-based aqua-tech company providing fish health services and autogenous vaccines to the aquaculture industry. Its business is expanding across the Asia Pacific region.
- Lead the setup of a diagnostic lab and coordinate all administrative and logistics activities.
- Implement health monitoring programs and services for Asian seabass and other aquatic species.
- Work with the UVAXX HQ team based in Singapore to develop standard operating procedures to operationalize the diagnostic lab.
- Perform routine microbiological and microscopic evaluation of samples to identify the pathogens including molecular diagnostics (e.g., qPCR) and serological analysis.
- Maintain daily quality control, calibration and routine maintenance of lab testing and lab instrument.
- Take charge of the Brunei operational budget and develop short-term and long-term goals to drive KPI.
- Develop sales pipeline and perform account management with the local Bruneian aquaculture industry and local government agencies.
- Master or degree in a scientific discipline related to veterinary science, microbiology, molecular biology or ichthyology.
- Experience managing a laboratory.
- At least two years of working experience in academic or industry settings with aquatic animals, disease diagnostics and pathology.
- Candidates with veterinarian experience in aquaculture or any other livestock will have an advantage.
- Strong team player with positive work attitude, analytical minded, result-oriented, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in ASEAN markets will be preferred.
- Good organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Have good stakeholder relationship management skills to work with farmers, suppliers, partners, government organizations and internal stakeholders.
- Regular traveling and fieldwork are required, therefore a valid driver’s license in Brunei Darussalam is necessary.
Submit cover letter and CV including experience, expected salary and how you intend to make a difference to Ying Quan Tan, firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by June 30, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.