Hatchery Technician - UK
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Mowi’s lumpfish hatchery, Ocean Matters, is looking for a hatchery technician to strive for continuous improvement and deliver on all aspects of hatchery work to keep the team on track and performing well.
- Fish husbandry of larvae stages in lumpfish production.
- Live-feed production of Artemia.
- Husbandry of nursery and grow-out stages of production.
- Feeding, grading, vaccinating and transportation of live fish.
- Proactive approach to health and safety practices throughout the hatchery.
- Previous experience in hatchery production of lumpfish, ballan wrasse, seabass or seabream will be an advantage, but not essential as full training and support will be provided.
- Previous experience in live feed production, specifically Artemia will be an advantage.
- High degree of computer literacy is essential.
- Work flexibly to meet the demands of the job.
- Self-motivated, able to work well in a large team.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Good communication and planning skills.
- A driver's license is essential.
For more information and to apply, visit candidate.hr-manager.net. Apply by March 5, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.