Health and Environment Scientist - Thailand/Belgium
Thursday, January 28, 2021
INVE Aquaculture is looking for a scientist to become part of its innovation team.
- Invent, develop and test new products and/or services from ideation to R&D release, in close communication with the product portfolio manager.
- Properly support or execute project management in line with existing governance: ensure projects remain within budget and timelines, do timely stakeholder management, actual cost follow-up, monthly status reports, proactive communication with the project team, timely escalates issues and risk on budget, resource capacity or scope to line manager and/or product lifecycle status meetings. Contribute actively to the yearly budget cycle.
- Uphold scientific excellence by proper experimental design, data analyses and reporting as well as the use of state-of-the-art and relevant scientific methodologies.
- Position as an expert in his/her domain, both internally and externally. Attend international scientific conferences and actively support business, for example, through providing training to technical services or commercial teams.
- MSc or PhD in molecular biotechnology, or in bioscience engineering, biochemistry and biotechnology or veterinary sciences with a specialty in molecular biotechnology or applied Bioinformatics.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in research or development projects in an industrial setting, with a focus on pathogenic disease control in animal production.
- Knowledge on virology is required.
- Good knowledge of English (writing/speaking) is required.
- Working experience or study experience abroad is required.
- Knowledge of aquaculture practices of fish and shrimp is an advantage.
- Experience in project management is an advantage.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.